A FREE, WEEKLY newsletter about Rochester, New York's environment.
Get the most important news of the day and monitor your environment--continually.
This newsletter provides you with the news you need, not simply the news you want--like most other media services.
Essays on our environment | Newslinks | A week's worth of Updates, Events, and Actions you can take for our environment--and at the end of the Month, the winner of the Environmental Site Award.
If you wish me to include your event or news in this newsletter, which gets sent out on Sunday morning, please send the blurb to me by Friday evening.
Award – Environmental Site of the Month Award – On the last Sunday of each month, we present an environmental award for the Rochester-area environmental web site or blog that best promotes the need to protect and offers solutions for our area's environmental issues.]
With everything else going on that grabs our attention, it’s often difficult to stay focuses on what I believe is the most important issue of the day—the state of our environment. Our environment is not an issue, a passion, a political football, an interest (though it tends to be all of these).
Our environment is Where We Live: If our environment is not sustainable, then “anything else we want to do is not going to happen.” (Carl Sagan).
Sign Up for the weekly, free, RENewsletter below:
|Subscribe to RENewsletter (a free weekly environmental newsletter)|
|Visit this group|
- A weekly commentary and encapsulation of all the environmental news for Rochester, New York.
- A free and comprehensive publication of all the environmental NewsLinks pertaining to the Rochester-area environment.
- Many of the sources of this publication's Newslinks are primary sources: EPA, NYSDEC, Mayor's office, Monroe County Executor's office, NYS Public Heath, NYS Attorney General, the NYS governor, etc. Radio, TV, and other news you get only gives a fraction of the environmental news you need each day.
- You get all the environmental action items where you can help our Rochester-area environment online.
- Get all the environmental events going on in our area each week. Our Environmental Calendar is the most comprehensive Environmental Calendar for the Rochester, NY area
- Get a clear picture of all the things an online environmental service can do for our Rochester-area environment by getting updates on all that has gone on on this very busy site.
- At the end of the Month, the winner of the Environmental Site Award.
- In order to unsubscribe from this newsletter, follow instructions on Google Groups : RochesterEnvironment - Or when you get any RENewsletter, you'll be able to unsubscribe at a click of a button. You can also view all previous version of this newsletter here.
Previous RENewsletter in various formats (due to evolution)
RENewsletters from January 2017
RENewsletters from January 2016
RENewsletters from January 2015
RENewsletters from January 2014
RENewsletters from January 2013
RENewsletters from January 2012
RENewsletters from January 2011:
RENewsletters from January 2010:
RENewsletters from January 2009:
Previous RENewsletters: RENewsletters come in two formats: Word and Adobe Reader. The reason is that while the Word format provides all the online features (all links on the newsletter work) not everyone can use this format. With Adobe Reader, a format that most browsers accept, there is a limited ability to follow the embedded links to online articles and web page, and e-mails that are a very important part of RENewsletter. Both formats print out perfectly for easy reading.
Beginning with August 2007
RENewsletters come in two formats: Word and Adobe Reader. The reason is that while the Word format provides all the online features (all links on the newsletter work) not everyone can use this format. With Adobe Reader, a format that most browsers accept, there is a limited ability to follow the embedded links to online articles and web page, and e-mails that are a very important part of RENewsletter. Both formats print out perfectly for easy reading. Please click on the version of your choice.
Also, here another source for browser plug-in to read Word documents
|June 2008 RENewsletter Word||June 2008 RENewsletter PDF|
|May 2008 RENewsletter Word||May 2008 RENewsletter PDF|
|April 2008 RENewsletter Word||April 2008 RENewsletter PDF|
|March 2008 RENewsletter Word||March 2008 RENewsletter PDF|
|February 2008 RENewsletter Word||February 2008 RENewsletter PDF|
|January 2008 RENewsletter Word||January 2008 RENewsletter PDF|
|December 2007 RENewsletter Word||December 2007 RENewsletter PDF|
|November 2007 RENewsletter Word||November 2007 RENewsletter PDF|
|October 2007 RENewsletter Word||October 2007 RENewsletter PDF|
|September 2007 RENewsletter Word||September 2007 RENewsletter PDF|
|April 2007||May 2007||June 2007||July 2007||August 2007|
|Nov 2006||Dec 2006||Jan 2007||Feb 2007||March 2007|
|June 2006||July 2006||August 2006||Sep 2006||Oct 2006|
|April 2006||May 2006|
For RENewsletters earlier than April of 2006, Check archives of former RENewsletters at Google Groups : RochesterEnvironment which go back to December of 2004.